As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Another cool trick - this time with Retrigs (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Another cool trick - this time with Retrigs
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Re:Another cool trick - this time with Retrigs 12 Years, 2 Months ago

THANK YOU!!!
This is sooo nice!!
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Will this work only with Octatrack? (I've just recently joined the cult of Elektron, so I haven't had time to dig in to all of the features on my machinedrum).
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
The other Elektron boxes don't have the LFO designer, so not really. You can write melodies using retrigs on the MD, but you have to plock pitches by hand...
Chain Chomp
Yeah, you can get some wild effects using multiple comb filters and LFO trig modes (& neighbor tracks...) . Same deal with the granular type sounds when you start resampling from internal tracks, but it gets super confusing (in a good way!) to back track.

BTW, what's the "official" trig mode you're using GeneralBigBag?
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
No official trig mode - I'd like one, but this and the comb-filter technique are just using the designer LFOs.
Boo
WOW WOW WOW..

For me that is live samplig this is beyond cool.. it means that i can have track to record a snippet of live signal and automatically turn that snippet into all sort of patterns.. so i val loop what used to be guitar, evan a chord and have the octa produce those ultra cool patterns that will continue to change, bur still impair a structure, as a record a new sample. And then to RESAMPLE all this madness to a separate track..
Almost overload.. the possibilities are virtually endless

THANKS..
Chain Chomp
GeneralBigBag wrote:
No official trig mode - I'd like one, but this and the comb-filter technique are just using the designer LFOs. Hmmm, I thought when you use the LFOs you still have to choose free, hold, sync etc?
Nice.
Chain Chomp
So what settings on the speed of the custom LFO allow one play the "arpeggio" perfectly over 16 steps of a bar? 32 steps of 2 bars? etc...
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
jonah wrote:
GeneralBigBag wrote:
No official trig mode - I'd like one, but this and the comb-filter technique are just using the designer LFOs. Hmmm, I thought when you use the LFOs you still have to choose free, hold, sync etc?

That would depend on what you were doing - you could do diffent kinds of trills with a fast arp and TRIG, ONE or HALF, you could do longer lines with HOLD.

@r05c03 - Not sure, 1 bar will be a speed of 64 and one of the multipliers. There should be something in the manual.
Go to top Post Reply